Our review process
During Minnesota's Stay at Home Order, BCWMC engineers will continue to receive and process project applications normally, and continue to provide a high level of responsive service. Project materials should be submitted electronically to email@example.com (provide link to drawings and submittal information for large files). When feasible (or after Stay at Home order is lifted) please send hard copies of drawings.
Review fees and the original signed application should continue to be mailed to:
Bassett Creek Watershed Management Commission; c/o Barr Engineering Co.; Attn: Jim Herbert, P.E.; 4300 MarketPointe Drive, Suite 200; Minneapolis, MN 55435
Process for individuals and companies proposing projects, developments, or redevelopments in the Bassett Creek Watershed:
- Contact city staff where your project is located and communicate to the city about your project. City staff will direct you to the Bassett Creek Watershed Management Commission if necessary. (See BCWMC Member City Contact Information.)
- See Section 2 "Types of Projects to be Submitted for Review" of the BCWMC's Requirements for Improvements and Development Proposals document for information about which projects require review and what standards are required to be met.
- **NEW Requirements Regarding MTDs** Stormwater manufactured treatment devices (MTDs) may be used toward meeting BCWMC flexible treatment options. See Section 6.3.3 of the Requirements for Improvements and Development Proposals document) for guidelines. Early coordination with the BCWMC and a Pre-Application Form may be needed.
- If you still have questions after talking to the city and reviewing the "Types of Projects to be Submitted for Review" materials, please contact BCWMC Administrator Laura Jester or 952-270-1990.
- The BCWMC will review the applicant's submittal only after the city in which the project is located has reviewed the project and has indicated general compliance with existing local watershed management plans.